Have you been in a motorcycle accident in North Carolina? It’s important to act fast and record as much information about your accident as possible. If you’re able to do so, complete the following steps:
ASSESS THE SITUATION
- Injuries? Call 911 right away!
- Bike damage only - Call the Police
- Police Report – Make certain that you describe everything as accurately as possible.
GET OFF THE ROAD
- If it’s safe to move your vehicle, do so. If it’s not safe to move your vehicle, don’t!
SEEK MEDICAL TREATMENT
- Even if you feel ok, many injuries are not realized right away.
Collect as much information as possible. Here is a list of things you should try to write down or otherwise record - VERY IMPORTANT!
Other Driver’s Information:
- Phone Number
- Driver’s license number
- Email Address
Other Driver’s Vehicle:
- Make, model and year of the vehicle
- License plate number
- Insurance carrier and policy number
CONTACT THE KARNEY LAW FIRM FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
Do not give the insurance company a statement or sign anything. They may try to get you to settle quickly and for less. DON’T! Be sure to talk to one of our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys before you try dealing with your insurance company alone.